|Tahoe Adventure Company|
We start our kayak adventure at Sand Harbor on Tahoe's East Shore and first cover a comprehensive kayak lesson on the beach. Once on the water, we paddle along the coastline, soaking up the incredible Sierra views. Your guide will explain the geology, ecology, and natural and human history of the lake throughout your trip.
To re-energize, we will stop for lunch on the beach at mid day. This trip provides great opportunities to paddle, swim and float along pristine Lake Tahoe coastline. You MAY even get to paddle around the fascinating historic Thunderbird Lodge (conditions permitting). Your guide will discuss the many tales of George Whittell, the original owner, and Bill, his pet lion! This tour is suitable for those who have kayaked before and have a moderate level of fitness.
Tour includes kayak, paddle, life jacket, knowledgeable guide, instruction, natural and human history discussions, permit fees, snacks, and lunch.
Know Before You Go
- This tour is suitable for those who have kayaked before and have a moderate level of fitness.
- Must know how to swim
- Sand Harbor Parking often fills by 8:30am, especially on weekends. Arrive 1 hour before your scheduled tour time to allow for parking.
- Due to high water this season, and therefore smaller beaches, we are encouraging guests to travel in double kayaks to minimize our footprint and to maintain the best guest experience.
- Sand Harbor State Park Entrance Fee of $10.00 applies at Park.
- Our meeting location is not the rental tent. We launch adjacent to the rental tent on the same side of boat launch. Directions can be found on our website and will also be sent in a confirmation email.
If you are one person, please call our office to join an existing group!