|Tahoe Adventure Company|
**All guests please read: We are currently booking all Summer Adventures! In regards to Covid-19, we have implemented standard procedures that are in line with the guidance of local officials and the CDC in order to keep our guides and guests safe and sanitary. At this time, there will be no lunches served on tours. Please bring your own food for longer tours, and remember "Pack It In, Pack It Out!". Masks are required during check in for rentals and tours. They can be removed once on the water. Feel free to call us at 530-913-9212 with any questions regarding our adjusted operations due to covid-19.
Special Note Regarding Sand Harbor Kayak Tours: Sand Harbor has reduced their parking to 2/3 capacity. There is also no longer a shuttle from Incline Village. Guests MUST park by 8am to get parking for this activity.
Explore the only undeveloped side of Lake Tahoe - The East Shore!
We start our kayak adventure at Sand Harbor on Tahoe's East Shore and first cover a comprehensive kayak lesson on the beach. Once on the water, we paddle along the coastline, soaking up the incredible Sierra views. Your guide will explain the geology, ecology, and natural and human history of the lake throughout your trip.
If the breathtaking boulders throughout Sand Harbor weren't enough, guests can paddle around the fascinating and historic Thunderbird Lodge (conditions permitting). Your guide will discuss the many tales of George Whittell, the original owner, and Bill, his pet lion! Our trained docents will share knowledge about the estate from the water, giving you a truly special experience. Spend more time on the water while still immersing yourself in the history of Lake Tahoe!
This tour is suitable for those who have kayaked before and have a moderate level of fitness.
Tour includes kayak, paddle, life jacket, knowledgeable guide, instruction, natural and human history discussions, and permit fees.
Minimum age is 7 years old.
Know Before You Go
- This tour is suitable for those who have kayaked before and have a moderate level of fitness.
- Must know how to swim
- Due to covid19, Sand Harbor has reduced their parking to 2/3 capacity. There is also no longer a shuttle from Incline Village. Guests MUST park by 8am to get parking.
- Due to high water this season, and therefore smaller beaches, we are encouraging guests to travel in double kayaks to minimize our footprint and to maintain the best guest experience.
- Sand Harbor State Park Entrance Fee of $10.00 applies at Park.
- Our meeting location is not the rental tent. We launch adjacent to the rental tent on the same side of boat launch. Directions can be found on our website and will also be sent in a confirmation email.
If you are one person, please call our office to join an existing group!