|Tahoe Adventure Company|
Sand Harbor Tours will not be offered on Tuesdays due to our Thunderbird Lodge Tour. If you have a group of 10 or more interested in going on a Tuesday please call the office
Welcome to The Ultimate Sand Harbor Experience! This season we have created a new, hassle-free Sand Harbor experience! No need to battle traffic and race to Sand Harbor first thing in the morning in hopes of gaining admission to the park to make your tour. Instead, conveniently meet your guide for a 9am departure on Tahoe Adventure Company’s private shuttle! Upon arrival to Sand Harbor, you will have time to use the restroom, apply sunscreen, and enjoy the beach before setting off to explore the only undeveloped side of Lake Tahoe - The East Shore!
Your guides will first cover a comprehensive kayak lesson on the beach. Once on the water, we paddle along the rustic coastline and iconic boulder fields, soaking up the incredible Sierra views. Your guide will discuss the geology, ecology, and other natural and human history topics throughout your trip. Lunch will be served on one of the amazing beaches along our journey.
- Choice of single or double kayaks, paddles, lifejackets, and dry bags
- Knowledgeable guides trained in CPR/First aid at minimum
- Packaged snacks
- Deli lunch – individually wrapped sandwich, fruit, cookies, beverages. Vegetarian option available.
- Natural and human history discussions
- TAC guides are personally trained docents of the Thunderbird Lodge and are able to share highlights of the lodge on the tour from the water
- $5 pp Sand Harbor Tour Fee
- Hassle free shuttle into the park and back to your vehicle
Know Before You Go:
- Parking at Sand Harbor often fills up by 8:00am, preventing guests from obtaining parking and missing their scheduled tour. This tour cuts that hassle out and guarantees you a spot at Sand Harbor!
- Guests are encouraged to bring a daypack to leave on the shuttle for accessing personal snacks and a change of clothes after the tour.
- This tour is suitable for those who have kayaked before and have a moderate level of fitness.
- Must know how to swim.
- Minimum age is 8 years old. Minimum to ride in a single is 12 years old.
- Groups with kids under 6 years old can book private tours
If you are one person, please call our office to join an existing group!
Tahoe Adventure Company Shuttle departs King's Beach, CA at 9:00am and returns at approximately 2:30.