|Tahoe Adventure Company|
Sand Harbor Tours will not be offered on Tuesdays due to our Thunderbird Lodge Tour. If you have a group of 10 or more interested in going on a Tuesday please call the office
Welcome to the Ultimate Sand Harbor Experience! We want your vacation to be relaxing and hassle-free. On our tour, there is no need race to Sand Harbor and battle traffic in hopes of getting into the park. Instead, conveniently meet your guide for an 8:30am departure on Tahoe Adventure Company’s private shuttle! Upon arrival to Sand Harbor, you will have time to use the restroom, apply sunscreen, and enjoy the beach before setting off to explore the only undeveloped side of Lake Tahoe - the East Shore!
First, your guides will cover a comprehensive kayak lesson on the beach. Once on the water, we will paddle along the rustic coastline and iconic boulder fields, soaking up the incredible Sierra views. Your guide will discuss the geology, ecology, and other natural and human history topics throughout your trip.
- SUPs, paddles, lifejackets, and dry bags
- Knowledgeable guides trained in CPR/First aid at minimum
- Packaged snacks and cold beverages
- Natural and human history discussions
- TAC guides are personally trained docents of the Thunderbird Lodge and will share highlights of the lodge on the tour from the water
- $5 pp Sand Harbor Tour Fee
- Hassle free shuttle into the park and back to your vehicle
Know Before You Go:
- We will utilize a private shuttle to get into Sand Harbor. Parking at Sand Harbor often fills up by 8:00am, preventing guests from obtaining parking and missing their scheduled tour. This tour cuts that hassle out and guarantees you a spot at Sand Harbor!
- Guests are encouraged to bring a daypack to leave on the shuttle for accessing personal snacks and a change of clothes after the tour.
- This tour is suitable for those who have paddled before and have a moderate level of fitness.
- Must know how to swim.
- Minimum age is 12 years old.
- Groups with children under 12 years old can book a private tour.
If you are one person, please call our office to join an existing group!
Tahoe Adventure Company Shuttle departs Incline Village, NV at 8:30am and returns at approximately 12:30.