NOW ACCEPTING TOUR RESERVATIONS FOR SUMMER 2020!
**All guests please read: We are currently booking all Summer Adventures! In regards to Covid-19, we have implemented standard procedures that are in line with the guidance of local officials and the CDC in order to keep our guides and guests safe and sanitary. At this time, there will be no lunches served on tours. Please bring your own food for longer tours, and remember "Pack It In, Pack It Out!". Feel free to call us at 530-913-9212 with any questions regarding our adjusted operations due to covid-19.
Explore the only undeveloped side of Lake Tahoe by paddleboard - The East Shore! Our adventure begins at Sand Harbor on the Nevada side of Lake Tahoe where your guides will first cover a comprehensive paddleboarding lesson on the beach. Once on the water, we paddle along the coastline, soaking up the incredible views of the Sierra Crest. Your guide will cover additional SUP tips and techniques as we travel. They will also discuss the geology, ecology, and natural and human history of the lake throughout your trip.
If the breathtaking boulders throughout Sand Harbor weren't enough, guests can paddle around the fascinating and historic Thunderbird Lodge (conditions permitting). Your guide will discuss the many tales of George Whittell, the original owner, and Bill, his pet lion! Our trained docents will share knowledge about the estate from the water, giving you a truly special experience. Spend more time on the water while still immersing yourself in the history of Lake Tahoe!
This SUP tour is suitable for those who have paddled before and/or have a moderate level of fitness.
Tour includes Stand Up Paddleboard, paddle, PFD, knowledgeable guide, instruction, natural and human history discussions, and permit fees
Know Before You Go
- This tour is suitable for those who have kayaked before and have a moderate level of fitness.
- Must know how to swim
- Sand Harbor Parking often fills by 8:30am, especially on weekends. Arrive 1 hour before your scheduled tour time to allow for parking.
- Due to high water this season, and therefore smaller beaches, we are encouraging guests to travel in double kayaks to minimize our footprint and to maintain the best guest experience.
- Sand Harbor State Park Entrance Fee of $10.00 applies at Park.
- Our meeting location is not the rental tent. We launch adjacent to the rental tent on the same side of boat launch. Directions can be found on our website and will also be sent in a confirmation email.Typical Distance and Time:
3-6 miles. 9:00am-1:30pm.Level of Difficulty:
Easy - Moderate.Location:
Sand Harbor State Park.Cost:
$95.00 per person, 2 person minimum.Book Sand Harbor Stand Up Paddle Board Tour